Friday 21 September 2012

To laugh or to cry... that is the question...

So... I think I've been quite subtle in letting on that something pretty big is happening in my life right now... I'm about to share that with you now....

I have a new job!

How do I feel about this?

Well to be honest I'm torn between ecstatic joy and depression....

 
Haha!  Well really, not quite so dramatic but... although I am really grateful to be given this new opportunity its pretty sad. I've been working at my kid's school as the office administrator for almost 7 years!!!



I will miss alot of things about being here... I will certainly miss my dear BFF Mrs H!  We have definitely been lucky as close friends to be able to see each other everyday... she's a rock!  I'm so glad for mate-dates... we'll squeeze them in as often as we can... we have promised each other not to bawl and howl in my last week... well to try very hard at least...




The people I work with here have become awesome friends and they are all amazing in their fields, great people, great friends...




BUT MOSTLY....In this job, I have been absolutely spoilt as a mum!  You know, I've been able to bring my kids to work... everyday!  See them everyday! keep an eye on them... everyday!  Its pretty daunting that to know that I won't be able to do that anymore.  And this is the worst thing about leaving this job... my babies...

(Big sigh...)


So my new job is in Wellington, I'll be commuting by train everyday.  I'm not going to lie the money is awesome, but I've decided it's not just about that...

As a person and a woman, I feel its time for me to progress... I've never really been big on having a "career"... I was always happy to just have a good "job." 

As a family, this job will present more opportunities to all of us!  More about that later...

But remember when I put my back out here and the spunky Mr C fully stepped up to take care of me and our kids?  When I think about that time... I know that we are going to be fine.  I'm dedicated to spending the small amount of time I'll have with my family as quality time - nothing less than quality!  While Mr C takes over as full time caregiver and parent-in-charge... And of course Nanna will always be there to lend a helping hand or some sound advice...

We never planned for me to be the main breadwinner, that's just the way its turned out and we're pretty easy to roll like that because I know that Mr C can handle it in his awesome Mr C way...

So... I have one week left on official duty at school, another week of training and one precious week on my very last school holiday with my kids (tear)... 



 
So what is the question?

To laugh or to cry?

I guess I'll be doing quite a lot of both in this coming week... granted people might start to think I'm lookin' just a little bit cuckoo!!! I'll know in my own mind that I'm fine... we're fine.

Mrs C
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! You're leaving a comment... Thanks heaps...
From the bottom of the Curves of my Heart
Mrs C
xox