Wednesday 29 February 2012

Main Street, Small Town, New Zealand...

This week my little home town hosts the annual International 'sheep shearing' competition known as the Golden Shears. This year there are over 25 countries represented in the competition and it all happens right here in little old Masterton.

Have you ever had a large mob of sheep and dogs running down the main street where you live? Well I happened to catch that very thing happening down our main st this morning. Having just taken my son to the doctor and en route to the pharmacy we bumped right into it and boy was it exciting! I know this probably happens every year here, but due to work etc I never actually get to see it... I love Masterton!

Here are some picts from my iPhone... of the cute little parade down Queen Street...








WOOF WOOF! Get in behind! That'll do!!!
Mrs C
xox

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome on so many levels I cannot even begin to express it. We get livestock in the streets from time to time where I grew up (in the middle of a cornfield), but nothing like this!

    I love this blog! (Found it listed on a Mormon Fashion blogger list) Keep up the awesome work, love seeing what you find and your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. How nice to meet the Workman's... I'll be calling in to visit you guys all the time now that I'm a follower... your tiny family is beautiful... I look forward to getting to know you all :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! You're leaving a comment... Thanks heaps...
From the bottom of the Curves of my Heart
Mrs C
xox